DEVELOPING SELF CONFIDENCE
Confidence is a feeling. It is an attitude which you carry within and around you. It is an image you exude. Confidence is not something a few people are born with and others are not. It is entirely an acquired characteristic that can be developed by anyone.
Many of us at some time or the other feel low. We feel that we are not performing as we should, that our lives are not successful enough and that others are smarter, or prettier or better than we are. We kick ourselves for small mistakes and judge ourselves harshly. This is having low self - esteem and it can be damaging and it inhibits our life. It helps no one and is only upsetting to ourselves.
There are many ways to overcome this feeling of low self image. We should remember always that if we are happy and forthright, we will be able to make others happy. The most important thing about developing self confidence is that you must look and feel good about yourself. A simple step like pulling your shoulders back and walking with your head high and a smile on your face can make you instantly feel charged up. This charged up feeling of happiness and feeling worthy of yourself is what shows up as self confidence.
If you are sure of yourself and happy with who you are, others around will see and feel it too. That will make them easy and comfortable around you. At the same time you must remember not to display over confidence or be over bearing such that it puts people off.
Some of these simple steps can help you develop self confidence:
1) Always think and talk positive
2) Make a list of all your accomplishment each day , no matter how small they are
3) Recognize and make a list of the good qualities that you have; be honest.
4) Don`t beat yourself up for small failures; it is those failures which will point you in the right direction next time.
5) Do what you are best at and enjoy your work.
6) Remember that you can`t please everyone all the time. You have to make decisions that you feel are best.
7) Pamper yourself sometimes, take it easy and relax. When you know you look good you feel better about yourself.
We must remember that confidence is not the personal possession of anyone. It is a completely acquired trait that anyone can develop. One of the most rewarding things about confidence is that it sits gracefully on every age and level of life. Confidence inspires respect. It is a positive attitude which helps people to deal with the problems and highs and lows of life. It is not always about winning but about dealing with situations. To have confidence within you can make you glow with a fire and an inner radiance.