When we dine in the presence of
others we must observe some rules of etiquette.
- When you sit down at a table together to eat, don`t start wolfing down your
food as soon as it arrives. You must start with all the rest of the
- Eat slowly, and with your mouth closed.
- You should not have bits and pieces of food sticking to your chin or
- If you are using napkins and cutlery, do not wave such pieces of cutlery
around to attract the attention of waiters.
- Once a piece of cutlery has been lifted, it does not go back on the table,
but should be placed on the plate.
- When a napkin is used, do not tuck it under your chin. It should be placed
on your lap.
- Sit straight and always keep your elbows off the table.