Keep Your Holidays Stress Free
It`s supposed to be that "jolly time of the year," but the demands placed on us during this special time can sometimes bring us one gift we`d rather not have - STRESS.
If stress is something you`d like to trim from your holiday celebrations, here are some tips that can help:
1. Don`t try to do it all. Accept that while doing your best, there is only so much you can do given the time and financial considerations. Learn to say "no" to the things that are just too much.
2. Be realistic in what you expect from the holidays. Very few people can have that "jolly spirit" more than a few days.
3. Don`t compare your holiday with those depicted in the movies, on television, and in magazines.
4. If you drink alcoholic beverages, do so in moderation.
5. If certain aspects of the holidays depress you, try to identify the problem areas and decide in advance on ways to deal with them.
6. Rather than think about everything you must get done, break each task into smaller, manageable parts.
7. Eat sensibly and exercise.
8. Try a bit of patience as a holiday gift. Remember, most people show stress this time of year.
9. Set new traditions by celebrating the holidays in a way you`ve never done before.
10. Find time for yourself and do things you enjoy.
11. If you are lonely, try getting involved. Spending time giving to someone else is a great way to wash away the feelings of sadness brought on by being alone.
As the holidays come our way, try a little understanding and compassion. Use them to bring a smile to someone else`s face - namely yours. Happy holidays!