Do you know what to do after an accident?
If you`re in an accident, do these things:
- Try to remain calm.
- Immediately find a trusted adult.
- When an adult is not present, call 9-1-1 or "0" for operator.
- Briefly state the problem.
- Give your full name and address.
- Remain on the telephone for questions and instructions.
Do you pet cute, strange animals?
- Never approach or try to pet an unfamiliar animal.
- Be cautious, animals may bite when they get excited.
- Remember! A small bite can be dangerous.
- It is important to let an adult know if this happens.
- If a trusted adult is not around, call 9-1-1 or "0" for operator.
- Don`t hang up until you are told to do so; listen for instructions!
Do you know the rules for safety on wheels?
- Head injuries can be serious, protect your head--wear a helmet.
- See and be seen--wear proper clothes and reflectors.
- Make sure your equipment is safe and properly adjusted.
- Use marked paths and safe areas when possible.
- Use hand signals when turning.
- When riding bikes on the street, always go in the same direction as car traffic.
- Don`t ride double.
What should you do when a bully tries to pick on you?
- Always try to stay with a group of friends.
- Walk straight and tall as if you are not afraid.
- Say "No" and walk away. Don`t Argue.
- Tell a trusted adult.
How do you call for help in an emergency?
- Call for the police, firemen or rescue emergency, dial 9-1-1or call "O" for operator.
- State the problem briefly.
- Give your full name and address.
- Remain on the telephone, don`t hang up.
- Hang up only when you are told to do so.
What should I do if someone offers me drugs or alcohol?
- Say "No". It takes courage to do what`s right.
- Change the subject.
- Suggest other activities like sports or games.
- Choose friends who avoid alcohol or drugs.
- Walk away and report it to a trusted adult.
I think my friend is using drugs and alcohol. What can I do?
- Remember it takes courage to help a friend with a drug problem.
- Talk to your friend and try to help.
- Tell your friend about the dangers of drugs.
- Encourage your friend to talk to his or her parents or another trusted adult.
What do you do when someone picks a fight?
- It takes real courage to walk away from a fight.
- Fights are not the answer to solving problems.
- Take a step back.
- Get the facts straight.
- Be willing to listen and don`t be afraid to admit you might be wrong.
- Discuss ways to solve the problem.
Do you know what to do in case of fire?
- The first thing you need to do is stay low and leave the building immediately!
- Call 9-1-1 from a neighbor`s house.
- Never attempt to put out a fire yourself, no matter how small it is!
- Don`t stop to take anything else with you.
- Never go back into a burning building.
How can you practice fire safety?
- Never play with matches or lighters.
- Always be careful around a stove, heater or open fire.
- Don`t cook without an adult being present.
- If your clothes catch on fire, "Stop, Drop and Roll!"
- If your friend`s clothes catch on fire, don`t let him or her run. Yell, "Stop, Drop and Roll!"
- Get adult help or call 9-1-1 or "O" for operator.
- Don`t hang up until you are told to do so; listen for instructions
What do you do if you are home alone?
- Keep the doors and windows locked.
- Don`t open them to anyone you don`t know and trust.
- Speak through a closed door or peephole.
- Never tell anyone you are home alone.
- Immediately call your parents or a neighbor if you are afraid.
- Keep emergency telephone numbers by the phone.
- If the person doesn`t leave, call 9-1-1 or "O" for operator.
- Don`t hang up until you are told to do so; listen for instructions.